From PCLinuxOShelp Knowledge Base
Extended display identification data (EDID)
- is a data structure provided by a digital display to describe its capabilities to a video source
- The EDID includes manufacturer name and serial number, product type, phosphor or filter type,
- timings supported by the display, display size, luminance data and (for digital displays only) pixel mapping data.
| [root@localhost gg]# monitor-edid
- - In this case, help you read EDID from your monitor.
- - If you have problem find correct resolution in linux,
- monitor-edid can be useful tool to find cause of the problem.
- - This tool is from monitor-edid package.