From PCLinuxOShelp Knowledge Base
- YOU ARE HERE :: Main Page >> Table of contents >> HowTo pages >> Random Tips
This page is under construction. Do NOT take it seriously yet.
This page will list random things and solutions for unique problems.
We all have our favourite or useful tips to share. Please list yours here.
By default KDE 4.8.3 shows only Move to trash in its Right Click menu. If you want it to show "Delete" too, then :
- Dolphin Menu > Settings > Configure Dolphin > General > Context Menu > Tick on Show 'Delete' command.
Old style file operations progress indicator
Newer versions of KDE beyond 4.x.x series use the system tray for notification. This applies to file operations as well. However if you wish to have the old style of pop-up notifications, please follow this method :
- Right-Click on the System Tray Notifications icon.
- Select Notification Settings.
- Uncheck File transfers and other jobs checkbox.
When to NFS or Samba
Here are some examples of when to use Samba and when to use NFS:
Server O/S Client O/S Use Samba or NFS? ---------- ---------- ----------------- Linux Linux NFS Windows Linux Samba Linux Windows Samba Windows Windows Samba