Ways to get PCLinuxOS
From PCLinuxOShelp Knowledge Base
There are two ways to pclinuxos.
- download over the network.
- buy a CD.
- The download is free of charge.
- You need the hard drive space to download one large file.
- You must provide your own writable CD or DVD.
- There are extra steps to check and burn your download.
Buy a live DVD
- Perfect for dialup users.
- You can get a professionally-burned DVD from OSDisc,com.
- Save the hassle of downloading, checking and burning a CD.
- This costs a little money.
- Shipping the CD still takes some time.
There are several different ways in which you can download PCLinuxOS.
The method is essentially: download a .iso image of the PCLinuxOS system, burn it to a CD and then boot your computer from the latter. Use the links above to find out how to download via the different methods.
- Very easy to do.
- Usually quite fast.
- If you have an unreliable Internet connection, your download can stop in the middle. Sometimes you have to start the download all over again.
- This is an error-prone method, and the file must be checked after downloading it.
Due to individual mirror Bandwidth capacity and the number of people allowed to download from that mirror, a site that is geographically close to you may not be the fastest for you. For example, if you are in the USA, sometimes you may find an International mirror to be faster for you than one in the USA.
NOTE Remember to get both the .iso file and the small .md5sum file with the same name. You'll need the md5sum to check that your download worked ok.