PCLinuxOS Knowledge Base
"The place where you learn PCLinuxOS"
At present there are 317
pages and 22
PCLinuxOS is about freedom, not just the free you get when you don't have to pay for something, but the kind of freedom to do what you will with it, and to use it in any manner or fashion that best fits your needs and intentions. It is truly by the people, of the people, for the people.
The Philosophy of PCLinuxOS is :
- It is done when it is done
- Use the best software available for the task, does not matter if it is Qt, GTK etc
- Be focused on the desktop.
News and announcements
- May 27, 2022 : The PCLinuxOS Project has announced the release of updated installation media for the KDE Darkstar desktop of PCLinuxOS.
The new media carries the version number 2022.05.25 and contains a fully updated system as of May 25, 2022.
- April 23, 2022 : The PCLinuxOS Project has announced the release of updated installation media for the KDE desktop of PCLinuxOS.
The new media carries the version number 2022.04.20 and contains a fully updated system as of April 20, 2022.
- April 14, 2022 : The PCLinuxOS Project has announced the release of updated installation media for all desktop flavors of PCLinuxOS.
The new media carries the version number 2022.04.10 and contains a fully updated system as of April 10, 2022.
Download link: https://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/pclinuxos/pclinuxos/live-cd/64bit/
Torrent Links: https://bit.ly/2TlHOSI
- Existing users do not need to do a clean installation each time new ISOs are released because PCLinuxOS is rolling release. These ISOs are being provided so new users don't have a large update to perform after installation from a dated ISO.
- If you plan on booting and/or installing PCLinuxOS in VirtualBox then please use VirtualBox 6.1.0 or better as it has support for the latest kernels.
It should be noted that users of PCLinuxOS have the following services available:
- 25GB Cloud storage
- Graphic Image Hosting
- Chat messenger
Forum members can sign up at: https://pclosusers.com/services-signup.php
Table of contents
PCLinuxOS (abbreviated pclos) is a Linux distribution written from bottom to top with you, the new Linux user, in mind.
Get, Test and Install PCLinuxOS
PCLinuxOS and Hardware
Update and Maintain PCLinuxOS
The HowTo section contains many pointed and in-detail articles addressing a single issue. For example :
Errors and solutions
The Errors and solutions section lists many common and uncommon errors you might come across in your day to day usage. It explains the cause where known and lists the possible solution(s).
This Advanced section lists pages that require slightly advanced knowledge of Linux beyond point and click ability. You may often be found deep in the command line while following pages listed here. Also not following instructions correctly might result in severe damage to your PCLinuxOS installation.
Download via HTTP or FTP :
Download via BitTorrent :
- All torrents can be downloaded from torrents
Preloaded Discs :
Contribute / Develop
Contributions for the development of PCLinuxOS are accepted in various ways including but not limited to :
Editing the Wiki
You need to have an account with us and logged in before you can edit this wiki.
Checkout PCLinuxOS Wiki:Syntax before editing this wiki.
Feel free to add to this wiki, however, keep the content appropriate and useful. This is not the place to report bugs or to request help.
You can try the wiki syntax in the Sandbox, the test page.
In case you still find it difficult to understand and follow the syntax, do not fear. We have a special Content dump page where you can just enter the content you know will be useful without worrying about formatting. Someone will come along and do the job for you later.