KDE Plasma 5
- last updated: November, 2017
The KDE Plasma 5 iso provides a standard KDE desktop with many popular applications and out-of-the-box driver support for generic desktop computing.
Info: The KDE Desktop: a popular, multi-platform desktop environment for your computer and a great Windows OS replacement. KDE’s focus is ease of use, stability, and first-class internationalization and accessibility support. KDE is Free and Open Source Software and provides all of the common tools computer users expect of a modern computing environment, such as e-mail, web browsing, file management, multimedia, and games.
KDE Plasma 5 features
- kernel 4.12.14
- xorg 1.19.3
- KDE Plasma 5 Desktop (5.11.3)
- KDE Frameworks (5.40.0)
- KDE Applications (17.08.3)
- Qt5 (5.9.2)
- BIOS/MBR & UEFI/GPT installation support
- NvME installation is not yet supported
- NVIDIA proprietary drivers pre-installed
- systemd free
- grub2 by default (legacy grub also available for non uefi/gpt systems)
- updated administration tools
- mylivecd can now create isos greater then 4 gigs
- La Capitaine is the default icon set
- Event Calendar Clock is the default Calendar/Clock on the panel
- Baloo search is not enabled by default
- kwallet is not enabled by default
- Firefox is the default browser
- Thunderbird is the default email client
Download your copy of KDE Plasma5
Download KDE Plasma5 via Bit Torrent
Processor : 64bit Modern Intel or AMD processor.
Memory & storage
RAM : 2 GB, or more (recommended 4 GB+).
Hard disk : 15-20 GB or more recommended if you plan to install additional software from our repository.
Video card : nVidia, ATI HD 4000 or better, Intel
3D desktop support : requires a 3D instructions set compatible card.
Sound card : Any Sound Blaster, AC97 or HDA compatible card.
CD/DVD drive required for burned liveCD/DVD image, or USB flash drive larger than 4 GB for liveUSB image conversion.
Table of contents
PCLinuxOS (abbreviated pclos) is a Linux distribution written from bottom to top with you, the new Linux user, in mind.
Get, Test and Install PCLinuxOS
PCLinuxOS and Hardware
Update and Maintain PCLinuxOS
The Software section.
The HowTo section contains many pointed and in-detail articles addressing a single issue. For example :
Errors and solutions
The Errors and solutions section lists many common and uncommon errors you might come across in your day to day usage. It explains the cause where known and lists the possible solution(s).
This Advanced section lists pages that require slightly advanced knowledge of Linux beyond point and click ability. You may often be found deep in the command line while following pages listed here. Also not following instructions correctly might result in severe damage to your PCLinuxOS installation.